Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 and my iPad Air2 are not visible to each other via Bluetooth

My iPhone 6 and my iPad Air2 are not visible to each other via Bluetooth. They do see and I van pair between my PC and my iPhone however I see see my PC on my iPad but can pair. Tried to turn on/off the devices but it does not help. Both devices are running iOS 8.1.3. Can any one help?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3, iPad Air 2 with iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 2:12 AM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2015 8:46 AM in response to yorshalev

iPhones and iPads are not designed to pair with each other or with a computer via Bluetooth except for personal hotspot. More information: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or iPad with my computer?

Continuity does use Bluetooth but the devices aren't paired. If you are trying to use Continuity, the following may help: Get help using Continuity with iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite - Apple Support

Jun 16, 2015 8:21 PM in response to FoxFifth

Fox, I have a similar problem but not quite the same one. I have an iPhone 6 factory unlocked to be able to keep my current phone number on an AWS network which only supports 3G but has unlimited data. And I also have an iPad Air 2 on a Data-only plan with a different carrier that supports LTE.

I can hotspot via WiFi from both devices just fine:

[iPad as client] --wifi--> [iPhone as hotspot] --3G Connection--> [Internet]

[iPhone as client] --wifi--> [iPad as hotspot] --LTE Connection--> [Internet]

Now I hardly ever use the first option above, because obviously of the significantly slower speed. But my issue lies with the bluetooth. Because THIS works:

[iPad as client] --Bluetooth--> [iPhone as hotspot] --3G Connection--> [Internet]

But what I would ideally like is to have this:

[iPhone as client] --Bluetooth--> [iPad as hotspot] --LTE Connection--> [Internet]

Any thoughts? Any wisdom or insight on this from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :-)

My iPhone 6 and my iPad Air2 are not visible to each other via Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.