Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

vertical stripes

Hi

My mid 2014 MBPr 15" with discrete graphics started showing display issues today.

In Bootcamp/Win7 the screen is pretty garbled, with the desktop tiled across the screen (top-left most visible, steadily more garbled towards right and bottom).

In Yosemite the problem is subtler: vertical stripes that are especially visible against certain background colours. The stripes are not visible in a screenshot.

Regards - Wimute

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 2:01 AM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2015 6:29 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Thanks for the tip. I've just moved to South Africa so I wasn't familiar with the support options.

I took it into DigiCape, an "authorised service provider" here. Unfortunately the stripes were gone and so was the garbled video in Windows. They weren't interested in repairing it based on my picture of the malfunctioning display alone.

I must say the level of service at the Apple Store in Amsterdam was a lot better: based on past experience there I'm willing to bet that they would have been more proactive and done a repair/exchange.

Feb 27, 2015 7:49 AM in response to wimute

I suspect that there is a display problem here. You can test for it by attaching an external monitor to the MBP. If the monitor shows no graphics glitches, then it is the display or the display connection that is faulty.

It is disappointing that the local Apple representative shows no inclination to proceed with any assistance. The locals can set their own criteria and not be obligated to follow Apples lead.

Ciao.

vertical stripes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.