Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When will Apple address their Right Click syndrome?

Do a search for "Right Click" on the Apple forum and you will find 2741 entrys on this subject. People are actually wondering how to right click? On the web you can find entire articles on the subject, like "4 ways to right click on the Mac" http://www.wikihow.com/Right-Click-on-a-Mac.

The "right click" function differs between softwares, it may be CTRL, CMD, ALT or two fingers on the trackpad.

How did we get here? Why are there even different ways to right click??

I mean its fine that there are ways to get context menus, but there is no coherency here. I know that Mac is all about design, but this is really bad design. (Yes, I admit it looks clean.)

It reminds me about one time I wanted to use a shower at a hotel. There was a faucet and a shower head and no matter what I did, I could only get water in the faucet, not the shower. This was a single knob solution, turn it to get water, turn more to get warmer water. I later found out that you could also pull it to get the shower working, but I think you got my point. That was just bad design.

It took decades to get rid of the Chooser, which incidentally was also bad design. How many decades will we wait for another mouse button on a mac laptop?

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 4:28 AM

2 replies

When will Apple address their Right Click syndrome?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.