Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to burn dvd on USB Super Drive from FCP X

How do I burn a dvd from FCP Pro X onto a USB Superdrive- It takes the video/audio ts files- can not play dvd. Can some-one advise me? I have a MacBook Pro without a dvd drive and need to produce a dvd for production. Thank you

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Mac Book Pro, IPad, IPhone

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 4:41 AM

7 replies

Feb 27, 2015 5:37 AM in response to Annemarie Reitsma

Please follow Tom's advice to make sure whether or not your system is seeing the superdrive.

What exactly do you see when you do File->Share->DVD?

Under settings, the first choice is Output Device. What are your options there? You should see "Hard Drive" and the name of your superdrive. Do you see only the hard drive option?

It worth noting that it is usually a better choice to "burn" your DVD to the hard drive, anyway. This creates a disc image, which you can double-click on to have a virtual dvd. You can use it with DVD Player and check that it is ok; furthermore, you can then go and burn as many copies of this image as you like, using Disk Utility; and you can save it as a backup, too.

Feb 27, 2015 6:35 AM in response to Annemarie Reitsma

Annemarie Reitsma wrote:

I got it! Just on your advice to "burn"- how do I do it?

Easy.

Once you export to hard drive, will get an image file, let's call it something.img.

In the Finder, control-click something.img, choose Open With->Disk Utility.

It will appear on the left. Select it and click Burn.

(In the screenshot I show below, the Burn button is greyed out simply because I don't have a superdrive connected to my mac at the moment)

User uploaded file

how to burn dvd on USB Super Drive from FCP X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.