Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Graphic card failed - Mac OS X Not showing on monitor

Good Day everyone,

I am a tech, and it's actually the first time I see something like that... And I want to see if my diagnostic is right.

I have an old 2008 Macbook Pro, when I boot it stays stuck on the apple with the little spinning wheel, but the wheel actually stop spinning and nothing else his happening on the screen.

BUT, the OS is actually loaded, because I can login (Yes Yes I can login ;-) ) because if I type the password I hear the activity on the Hard Drive. Also if I do the "old" key combination: Power Button > Enter it actually Turn Off the computer as it should.

(In old Mac OS x if you press the Power Button a dialog box was asking if you wanted to shutdown and if you pressed enter you were confirming then shutting down the computer).

Would it be worth it to have the video card changed if this computer is not really used more than play music? (I mean not that expensive instead of buying something new... or forcing him to learn with a new computer).

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 2:50 AM

1 reply

Graphic card failed - Mac OS X Not showing on monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.