Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 plus gets hot and draining battery

Ijust got my iphone 6 plus a week ago and now it's getting hot easily and draining out my batteries. I didn't even update it to IOS8.1.3 because i saw a lot of iphones experienced the battery problem right after update. Anybody knows how to deal with this problem? It's really stressful that the battery running out so fast and getting hot so easily>< Honestly i have done everything i can like even turning off the background app refresh or unnecessary notification and it's still not working.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 5:07 AM

4 replies

Feb 27, 2015 5:30 AM in response to gail from maine

well just by light use it's getting hot. i just switch on my phone and within 5 minutes it's getting hot and the battery drop by 2%. i'm just replying my wechat and whatsapp without opening any other apps else.

i saw quite a lot of phones experience the same problem after updating to ios 8.1.3. is it really able to fix it after updating or just making it worse?

iphone 6 plus gets hot and draining battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.