Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro temperature and graphics corruption?

Hello, I was wondering If someone could give me a few suggestions in the right direction. I recently got my hands on a Mid 2014 Macbook Pro 15" (Less than 2 weeks old). After some short usage I noticed it becomes hot even while idle (50 - 55 Degrees). When watching youtube and browsing the net it can get into 65 - 70 degree range. The last Macbook I owned was from 2007 and I cannot remember these types of temperatures while not doing any strenuous activity.

The other issue is I get these strange graphics glitches in finder from time to time. I will need to wait or reset for the issue to resolve itself. Please take a look...User uploaded file

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I apologise if this topic has been covered before, but I haven't been able to find the relevant information. Thank you!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 4:32 AM

1 reply

Macbook Pro temperature and graphics corruption?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.