Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only purchased music showing in iPhone 5s/ cannot add music from iTunes

Hello all,

I have an iPhone 5s, running iOS 8.1.3, and the iTunes on my laptop is also up to date with the latest version. Last night I was dragging and dropping music from my iTunes library to my iPhone as normal - but then I suddenly noticed that all the music in my iPhone Music library had disappeared, except for things I'd purchased. I didn't change any settings or press anything by mistake or do anything different whatsoever, it just suddenly happened. Now whenever I try to drag and drop or even sync music from my iTunes library to my iPhone, nothing happens - the music does not appear on my phone. I have "Show all music" checked on my phone, but still only the purchased stuff is showing up. I don't use iTunes match or iCloud or anything like that either, I always just drag and drop music from my laptop onto my phone and it has always worked fine up until this point. Can anybody help with this? Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 3:31 AM

2 replies

Only purchased music showing in iPhone 5s/ cannot add music from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.