Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Videos and Photos not available for download

I've been using FCP X for a good while now, Aperture, and my iPhone. We're a good team for a serious hobbiest (<--is that even a word?).

I did this morning what I normally do about once a month. Hook up my iPhone 5s to my MBP, fire up FCPX, click import and...

no videos to download? My phone is now full of pictures and videos.

I verified "All clips" are selected and that the "hide imported clips" is UNselected. Should show all my iPhone video and photo content. Always has in the past. Instead, today, I get a total of 27 photos/videos combined. Truthfully, my iPhone indicates 48 videos and over 2,000 pics.

??

So, knowing my mac a bit, I fire up Image Capture. I'll force this booger to do a manual download to my desktop, then I'll upload to FCPX. Same 27 photo/video combo shows on Image capture.

I restart my computer and my phone. No change.

How is it I have a full phone (only 3gb left of room), jam packed with photos and video, yet I can only "see" 27 of them on my computer but all of them on my iPhone.

Why can't I seem to "see" them and have them available for download? This coincides with the most recent update (since I've performed a download).

Any ideas on how to get my videos off my phone? Aperture is still doing the iCloud skim over fine, so I have all my photos now in Aperture Photostream files.

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 7:01 AM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2015 4:11 PM in response to Texas_Man_Luvs_His_mac

As a continuation...

I've done a few pics today and a couple of videos on my iPhone. They are not showing up on image capture or FCPX now. Nothing is showing up, it is as if I have a blank iPhone.

Any ideas how to get my iPhone and mac to play nice?

Pics still skimming over iCloud to Aperture though, which is good.

iPhone Videos and Photos not available for download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.