Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot camp Yosemite Win 8.1 3tb Fusion Drive problems

Hi,

As many other have reported on the internet I am having problems installing windows on my iMac 27' late 2014 3tb fusion drive, where the partition I create falls outside the 2.2tb limit that prevents windows to be installed when selecting disk under the windows installation (i.e, same problem as Win 8.1, iMac Retina 3TB Fusion, Yosemite, Boot Camp fail!).

Is my understanding correct that this issue was solved in the OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.3 or was all they did to make sure boot camp could create a partition, but windows still couldn't find it?

I am using Yosemite 10.10.2 and I am wondering if for some reason they didn't include this update?

Has anyone successfully installed windows through boot camp on a 3tb fusion drive on yosemite, without 'manually' dividing the 3tb fusion into two partitions, and then creating the windows partition within the first partition?

Many thanks

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 3tb fusion drive

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 3tb fusion drive

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 7:16 AM

1 reply

Boot camp Yosemite Win 8.1 3tb Fusion Drive problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.