Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using pen drive for I Pad.

I am using IPad Air IOS8 . The device is not having sufficient storage . I am planing to purchase

Strontium Nitro iDrive 3.0 OTG Pendrive for iOS 64 GB Utility Pendrive. Please advice whether I can use this for my I pad for keeping movie ,Vedio, file , audio book etc. I am having Sony laptop loaded with window 7 , is the file can be transferred through the above pen drive.

(White)

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 4:30 AM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2015 5:23 AM in response to Amit240

Unless that pen drive has its own wifi hotspot you cannot use it.

There is no support for a plug in USB drive on the iPad (beyond those that get some to work and trick the iPad into thinking they're digital cameras so they can pull photos or videos off the drive)

If you want extra memory, look into wireless flash drives or hard drives. The kingston WiDrive is one, Seagate had one called the goflex. In both cases the drive makes its own little wifi hotspot that you connect your iPad to and then use an app to look at the data.

Using pen drive for I Pad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.