Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mini not waking up after sleep

When I got up this AM and tried to wake up the Mini (2014) it would not wake up. The only way I could get it to wake up was to unplug the power and plug it back in. It started up OK and everything seems to be working except the Dock will not magnify even though magnification is on in the System Prefs.

2014 Mini, 8GB Ram, 1 TB HD

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 4:42 AM

6 replies

Feb 27, 2015 5:09 AM in response to lllaass

Hi lllaass,

I really could't tell if the mini was"working" because I could not see it on the monitor. It would not shut off with the power switch (an indication it was

"working" ?) Mini seems to be working OK except as I posted about the Dock. I checked out the links you sent. The energy saver is on "Never" see. I do have an ethernet switch hooked up/off over night, could that be an issue? I know it's not a big deal to have the Dock magnification not working , and when I set the Dock in System Prefs to hide and show the Dock automatically it will not come back up unless I open System Again and uncheck the "Auto..." box.. What changed it? I have restarted in Recovery and repaired there HD and the Volume as well as repairing the permissions, restarted zapping there PRAM trying the get the Dock to respond to the settings but to no avail, yet. I am running 10.10.2 but forgot to change it in my first post.

Feb 27, 2015 7:46 AM in response to charlesfromcorrales

When sleeping the Power light is blinking slowly. If you move the mouse/KB and the Power light goes steady then the computer awakened. The problme is the computer wakes but nothing shows on the monitor's screen

Reset the SMC if not done already

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

Try booting in Safe mode. That clears catches.

OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode?

mac mini not waking up after sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.