Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplay mirroring

I own a Mac , an iPad mini and an Apple TV

It has taken me a day or three to work out just how to play ITV Player via my iPad Mini onto my Apple TV....eventually I got it by using mirroring--but then realised that I can only get the audio function if I switched off Homeshare in iTunes on my Mac ,,,,, phew!

Then goes what--ITV Player halted after two minutes due to the iPad Mini auto lock !

Is there any way of shortening this complex workaround? ...

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 7:03 AM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2015 7:36 AM in response to Foxy Jukebox

Make sure you are on the video. And in the bottom right hand corner you should see an AirPlay button, click that while in the video and everything should function normally. You should not need to turn off Homeshare in iTunes.

Jun 30, 2015 1:50 AM in response to Community User

Thanks for this--just for your interest--I have temporarily given up Airplaying-it's too much of a geeky workaround. I bought a £10 NOW TV box-joined SKY free for a month --then cancelled-this leaves me with free speedy access to BBC Iplayer, ITV player, All 4 and demand 5 catch up services.

As you know--we await apps for all of these four apps/ services on Apple TV-untill then it remains a toy that isn't much used

airplay mirroring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.