Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 5th generation won't stop asking me to sign into iCloud rendering the iPod basically useless

I bought an iPod touch this past summer to bring with me when I moved to Peru. I am now living in a small town in the Andes with almost no wifi access (ocassionally I can find an internet cafe in Cusco). Last month my iPod started asking me to sign into iCloud (which isn't useful to me since I don't really have wifi). I clicked cancel and the request just popped back up. So I tried to log in but it told me that I needed an internet connection. I went to a Starbucks to use their internet (a connection I had used in the past). I couldn't sign in to their network because the iCloud request popped up every 2 seconds, reseting the iPod's search for networks. It wouldn't stop requesting an iCloud login long enough for me to log into the wifi!

I have tried to restore the iPod to factory settings, but it won't let me do that without turning off Find My iPod, which needs a wifi login, which I can't manage with the iCloud requests. You can see it's a Catch-22!

I am very frustrated and can't go to an apple store (there's none in Peru). I use this iPod for iTunes, some games, and a language learning app.

If anyone has any suggestions or knows of a similar issue and solution, I would be very grateful.

iPod touch

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 7:50 AM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2015 7:57 AM in response to BenjaminMoses27

To restore do the following. Not that you need an internet connection and need to download abunt 900 MB.

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

iOS: Forgot passcode or device disabled

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

If problem what happens or does not happen and when in the instructions? When you successfully get the iPod in recovery mode and connect to computer iTunes should say it found an iPod in recovery mode.

iPod Touch 5th generation won't stop asking me to sign into iCloud rendering the iPod basically useless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.