Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony PXW FS7 importing/editing

Has anyone had any experience editing with this camera? I am getting a lot of conflicting info and obviously don't want to shoot with it if I can't handle the footage later. Probably going to shoot HD or 2K. Apparently a Sony plug-in allows you to edit in FCP X with the camera files, but some people advice that this is clunky. I'm using a 15" Macbook Pro Retina (late 2013). Better to edit with proxy files? Or convert to Pro res?

Camera captures XAVC files (apparently). Also RAW?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 5:53 AM

Beware of many posts on the web that are only meant to convince people to buy crappy converter applications.

This camera apparently requires a plug-in from Sony, and with that plug-in it is supposed to work. If you have access to a camera, try it out yourself. That will be the most definitive answer. I hope someone who has actually used one can chime in.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2015 5:53 AM in response to AndyPeardrop

Beware of many posts on the web that are only meant to convince people to buy crappy converter applications.

This camera apparently requires a plug-in from Sony, and with that plug-in it is supposed to work. If you have access to a camera, try it out yourself. That will be the most definitive answer. I hope someone who has actually used one can chime in.

Sony PXW FS7 importing/editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.