Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad air io7 or 8

Hi all, i am about to purchase an ipad air. I understand it comes with ios 7 which i beleive is more stable at the moment than ios8. Yet on the Apple store you can purchase the ipad air which comes bundled with ios 8. What your thoughts please considering ios8 has some problems. Thanks in advance Andy

iPhone 4

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 6:43 AM

If the iPad Air is purchased directly from Apple, it will have the most recent version of iOS. As to iOS 8 being unstable, I'm sure there are some folks that would claim that, but the number of complaints regarding iOS 8 are fewer than for iOS 7.

8 replies

Feb 27, 2015 7:22 AM in response to bdoaz

bdoaz wrote:

Hi all, i am about to purchase an ipad air. I understand it comes with ios 7 which i beleive is more stable at the moment than ios8. Yet on the Apple store you can purchase the ipad air which comes bundled with ios 8. What your thoughts please considering ios8 has some problems. Thanks in advance Andy

I've noticed nothing unstable about iOS 8 on my iPad Air. As noted, unless you buy a used iPad Air or one that has been sitting on a retailer's shelf since September, it's going to come with iOS 8 so there's not much point in worrying about it.

Feb 27, 2015 1:43 PM in response to bdoaz

Hi all, many thanks for your replies on this matter. forgot to mention that the question was for the original ipad air and NOT the ipad air 2 as i can get the ipad air 32g for £ 359.00 as opposed to the new ipad air 2 16g for £ 399.00. which i find makes more sense money wise as i,m on a pension as this is my first ipad. Once again many thanks to you all.for getting back to me. Take care now, Andy .

Feb 27, 2015 3:14 PM in response to bdoaz

bdoaz wrote:

Hi all, many thanks for your replies on this matter. forgot to mention that the question was for the original ipad air and NOT the ipad air 2 as i can get the ipad air 32g for £ 359.00 as opposed to the new ipad air 2 16g for £ 399.00. which i find makes more sense money wise as i,m on a pension as this is my first ipad. Once again many thanks to you all.for getting back to me. Take care now, Andy .

I think you made the right choice wanting to purchase iPad Air 1. No one knows for sure what iOS version will be pre-installed in the device. It's more likely the original Air will come with iOS 7.x.

ipad air io7 or 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.