Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Supercal vs Spyder screen calibration

Hi,

I'm trying to calibrate my screen for some prints and need "professional quality", not something for a Christmas card. I tried using Supercal and the profile came out too dark and "contrasty" - maybe I did it wrong.

Has anyone had experience of this or am I just going to have to accept that I need to pay for hardware like Spyder to do it properly.

I'm using Aperture - hence my post here.

Jon

iPad Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 7:05 AM

4 replies

Feb 28, 2015 2:53 PM in response to Rollins1

I have an older product from them; actually it's old enough the drivers don't work any more, but I had calibrated my monitor and use the profile for like 7 years.

I just upgraded to an iMac so I really need to get a new calibrator. I'd probably go with the ColorMunki or the i1Display Pro; I'd just get the one that calibrated the screen; usually the "photo" models can calibrate paper too, ensuring that if you're printing photos from your Mac, that you can get an exact match. I gave up on printing photos and send them out to a lab so that's a waste of money for me.

Supercal vs Spyder screen calibration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.