Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplay menu does not appear on ipad

The AirPlay menu does not appear on the control menu on my iPad (iPad 2). I have gone through each step of the troubleshooting provided by Apple support but the menu still does not appear. I have tried to connect my Apple TV to two separate networks with an Ethernet cable and the menu still does not appear on my iPad. Does anyone have any further suggestions beyond the troubleshooting guide?

thanks!

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 8:46 AM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2015 8:56 AM in response to shearinrx

Hello shearinrx,

Try to reboot Apple TV, reboot router, also reset your device. Guide to reset device: (nothing will be lost): Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). Then, after that go online to: speedtest (You must be online for this to work on YOUR WIFI) Click "begin test" and it will test download and upload speed of your WIFI. A modern home can vary; an average WIFI speed is download 1-20 Mbps, upload .5-15Mbps. If it is in that range then you should be fine.

Take care,

Landon787.

Mar 1, 2015 5:50 PM in response to shearinrx

Last suggestion: make sure they are on the SAME network.

Unfortunately if the problem prissiest you might have to take it in to your local apple store.

airplay menu does not appear on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.