Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using the Mellotron in Mainstage

Just how do you access the various voices in Mainstage? I know in Logic you can open smart controls to access the 2 voices, I also realise that you can select 1 voice as a channel strip setting in Mainstage.

When I add a smart control and assign a Mellotron control to it all the controls are unmapped and I don't know how to map voice assignment.

Hopefully I'm missing something obvious and someone can help me.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 8:08 AM

You're trying to be smarter than the smart controls... ;-)

Add a smart control panel to the workspace, add an instrument channel strip or a new patch with channel strip. Now, you select from the channel strip library the mellotron you like. And due to some magicians, the smart control panel becomes a mellotron panel.

It's very simple but a contradiction to the usual workflow in Mainstage.

Hope this helps!

DaCaptain

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2015 8:08 AM in response to Alansan

You're trying to be smarter than the smart controls... ;-)

Add a smart control panel to the workspace, add an instrument channel strip or a new patch with channel strip. Now, you select from the channel strip library the mellotron you like. And due to some magicians, the smart control panel becomes a mellotron panel.

It's very simple but a contradiction to the usual workflow in Mainstage.

Hope this helps!

DaCaptain

Feb 27, 2015 8:53 AM in response to DaCaptain

Thanks DaCaptain, I have now got it to work, but only if I create a new channel strip from the patch library in the inspector window. If you create a new channel strip then use the settings menu you don't get any smart control assignments. Which sort of makes sense, but the mappings for voice select appear to be magic and go through a scriptIns which isn't available to select in Mainstage.

Using the Mellotron in Mainstage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.