Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP mid 2009 keeps freezing even after replacing the motherboard for a new one!

Hi guys,

My MBP mid 2009 has been crashing for a long time now, I've tried lots of things but nothing, here is the thread that explains the issue in detail, I'm now creating this new post because I have not received any new feedback from the previous post and also because the issue persists even after replacing the motherboard for a new one. PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks,

R.-

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), null

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 7:36 AM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2015 7:38 AM in response to rama33

First of all, you are running a quite old OS X version. In order to discard any software issue, open the Apple menu -> Software Update, and install OS X 10.9.5.

If the issue persists, take the Mac to an Apple Store again. Note that Apple may take the decision to replace your Mac if the problem keeps appearing.

Feb 27, 2015 7:44 AM in response to mende1

I was using Mavericks, now I'm running Yosemite 10.10.1, I bought the motherboard in the US but I don't live there so I cannot have it replaced again now, it doesn't seems to be the motherboard as I'm having the exact same issue after a new replacement, what do you think? Have you seen the previous post that describes the issue in detail?

Thanks a lot,

R.-

MBP mid 2009 keeps freezing even after replacing the motherboard for a new one!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.