Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine after base OS install (now you see it; now you don't)!!!

Hi

After problems with my MacBook Pro, the guys at Apple did a full reinstall of the OS to resolve them. That was fine because I know I'd last backed up to Time Machine on ReadyNas (NASBOX) DUO only the day before.... Here comes the but

It could see the Time Machine backup but couldn't log on. By the time I worked out the userid and password - it stopped being able to see it,

- Having got my laptop back this morning and tried to rebuild based on Time Machine - my macbook saw the ReadyNAS time machine as an option but tried to get me logging on as a systems administrator. I would't accept my password so I went ahead without the restore so that I could access the nasbox and try and do it as a simple Time Machine restore. It could however see the shares, folders and other things on the nasbox but no reference to Time Machine.

- Alongside this I logged into Frontview on my husband's laptop and realised that it shows you have to log in with ReadyNAS as the user. I thought I'd reset the password so that I knew for sure was it was but it wouldn't let me. Anyway I figured out what it probably was by the number of *'s in the password box and went back to my macbook

- now, I can still see all of the shares but it won't recognise there being any attached Time Machine drives. I've tried going back to the automated restore assistant but that too no longer finds the nabs as an option.

Please Help! My life is on that time machine backup on this Nasbox. The whole reason for having this RAID networked storage is to have a failsafe and I'm sure there must be an easy to get it recognised before I start to panic too much.

Many thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 7:36 AM

1 reply

Time Machine after base OS install (now you see it; now you don't)!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.