Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do my wireless mice always stutter?

I'm on my sixth third-party wireless mouse, and they all seem to have the same problem. When I plug the wireless dongle into the back of my iMac, the cursor always seem to stick and stutter, and I can never get it to move smoothly and consistently across the screen. It's prone to sticking and then jumping to another area of the screen instantly. I used to think it was because the dongle was plugged into an expansion port, because once I plugged it directly into the iMac, the problems went away. But over the last couple of days, they've come back.

The mouse is a Logitech Performance MX, for what it's worth.

If anybody could give me any advice, I'd be very grateful.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 7:13 AM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2015 7:57 AM in response to bassebuwa

try using a piece of paper as mouse pad some surfaces works rather poorly with optical and laser based mice

I use a razor mouse on a paper thin razor mouse pad sheet the mice works both over bluetooth and usb and never have what you experience in lion->mtn lion->maverics->yosimte

also use it in bootcamp windows but there it does not work with bluetooth for some reason

Feb 27, 2015 9:14 AM in response to bassebuwa

I have never had any issues with any Logitech OR Microsoft Wireless mice for Macs and OS X.

Is the recent Logitech Control Panel software installled on your Mac?

My wife and I use older Logitech Laser mice and they work great on our older late 2009 and 2010 IMacs.

If your Logitech mouse has a receiver module, make sure it is in an area that is unobstructed and close to the Mac to minimize any interference.

Why do my wireless mice always stutter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.