Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Starting family sharing deleting apps already on iphone

If I start family sharing and add a family member, will it delete the apps already on their iPhone? My spouse currently uses my Apple ID for the iTunes store, but has his own Apple ID for iCloud stuff. If I start family sharing, thereby allowing him to use his own Apple ID for the iTunes store, just billed to mine, will it delete the apps already downloaded on his phone under my Apple ID?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 7:12 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2015 12:21 PM in response to DJ YYT

Hello DJ YYT,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are concerned that joining a Family Sharing group may delete the apps already installed on the user’s device when they join. Joining a Family Sharing group will not affect any applications already on the device. However, after someone has joined the Family Sharing group and then decides to leave, that can remove some applications not downloaded on that specific account. Please use the following two articles as further reference.

Sharing purchased content with Family Sharing - Apple Support

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Starting family sharing deleting apps already on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.