Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not Keeping Metadata

Hello all,

After many long years, I finally have my own iPhone. I purchased an iPhone 5C last night and I absolutely love the thing. However I have come across a minor, but puzzling issue.

I took a photograph with my new iPhone, and simply one of just myself. When I synced my iPhone with my iMac and loaded it into iPhoto and modified some settings such as the photographs name, rating, and description, I shared it to the default iCloud Photos Stream. I then noticed it did not keep any of the changes I made. It reverted back to the original IMG_**** name, removed the rating as well as the description. Why is this?

Getting used to how all of this is being shared and edited across multiple devices has been a little perplexing. I added this here because I figured this has to do with an iCloud sharing issue when the photograph is modified in iPhoto.

Thanks in advance.

- Gerald B.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 8:25 AM

1 reply

Not Keeping Metadata

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.