Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie won't share to Theatre?

Just edited a movie on iMovies clicked share but it won't progress. Currently using latest Yosemite recently moved my iMovie library to a different drive. tried using either of the libraries to share the movie but I just get an indication that I have clicked the button but nothing else. Tried rebooting, have shut down and left it for 2 hours no change.

recently had a power interruption whilst iMovie was computing some data worried that may have caused this.

Rod

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), 27" 2012

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 9:44 AM

Hi Rod,

Try this.

Delete any projects in the Theatre that aren't exported properly. Then try the workflow that I stumbled upon.

Strange fix for export problems

Cheers!

3 replies

Jun 4, 2015 3:53 PM in response to xtol

"iMovie will not share under Yosemite (OS 10.10.3)."

Posted: 04 June, 2015

After a long journey, and lots of board searching, I've finally found a solution that worked to restore my iMovie Share functionality after an update to Yosemite (10.10.3)

Problem: My MacBook Pro, once updated to Yosemite 10.10.3, no longer wished to export (share) files from a hitherto fully functional iMovie (10.0.8).

Knee Jerk Fix: Search boards. Whine. Repeatedly click the "Share" button with zero effect. Call Apple. Search boards. Use words that are not allowed on said boards. Repeatedly.

Apple Fix: To their credit, Apple did offer to contact me via email after I posted a review to the App Store regarding iMovie becoming less that usable. That being said, I've not heard back from Apple with a fix. The Apple dealers that I contacted, offered zero help... but they're primarily tasked with just selling boxes.

Actual Fix: Open iMovie.

Under the File pull down menu, select Open Library. Select Create New Library and give your new library a name like, "Fingers Crossed, Please, Please for the Love of Pete... Work!" Or just "Trial Library"

File -> Open Library -> Create new Library

Once you've done this, you ought to be able to copy and paste clips into your new library and export (share) as per usual. (If you even remember what sharing is like by this point.) 🙂 It requires a little work, but not nearly as much as digging through pref files, cleaning with OnyX, or trying to find a tech who knows what to do without doing all of the same research that you've already done.

User uploaded file

iMovie won't share to Theatre?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.