Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every time I turn iPad on Ive got three films that try to automatically download from the cloud but always fail. How can I cancel or stop this from happening?

Three films that i purchased and are stored in the cloud always try to download to my iPad when I turn it on. A message always pops up saying download failed even though I haven't tried to download them. When I go into iTunes the three films are there as an update with download failed at the side. How do I stop this and just have them in the cloud? I Don't seem to be able to clear it. I also purchased a film by mistake but got it refunded and that also appears in my library from time to time. How do I clear that?

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 8:47 AM

11 replies

Feb 27, 2015 10:26 AM in response to jonah36

You could also try logging out of your account by tapping on your id in Settings > iTunes & App Store and then log back and see if then works

If not then do a soft-reset and try again : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

And if that doesn't work either then you could try contacting iTunes Support and see if they can remove the films from you download queue : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page

Every time I turn iPad on Ive got three films that try to automatically download from the cloud but always fail. How can I cancel or stop this from happening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.