Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod Classic 2009 160 GB is only playing music through the left channel. Not the right. Can I get the ear phone jack replaced?

My iPod classic ear phone jack is only playing one channel. Can I get it fixed?

Thanks

Alyce

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), iOS 2.x

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 7:57 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2015 12:38 PM in response to Ajlabs

Hello Ajlabs,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

If your iPod classic only plays music out of one channel, you can get service at the link below. Be sure to try these tests first to isolate the situation to the iPod or the headphones:

Connect the iPod headphones to the sound output port ("speaker jack") on your computer or another audio device that has a 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack. If the issue with the headphones is still apparent, you can request replacement headphones from the iPod Service Website.
If the issue with your iPod headphones is not apparent on another device, try connecting a different set of headphones with a 3.5 mm plug to your iPod. If the issue is apparent with these headphones on your iPod, you can arrange to have your iPod repaired at the iPod Service Website.

Troubleshooting iPod's headphones

All the best,

Jeremy

My iPod Classic 2009 160 GB is only playing music through the left channel. Not the right. Can I get the ear phone jack replaced?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.