Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes wont sync

I currently have a laptop running OS X 10.4.11. Apparently it can't have the newest version of itunes. The lastest version it can update to is 9.2.1. My iphone 5s will not sync. I've authorized the computer, i've tried different usb ports and different lightning cables. Nothing seems to work. what could be the issue?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 8:35 AM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2015 12:58 PM in response to attytudeApple

Hello there,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you would like to sync your iPhone with a Mac, the Mac needs to be running at least OS X 10.6.8, and have iTunes 11.1 or later installed. If your system meets the requirements outlined below, you can purchase OS X 10.6 from the Apple Online Store, allowing you to update iTunes and sync your iPhone.

Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard system requirements

To install Snow Leopard for the first time, you must have a Mac with:

• An Intel processor
  • An internal or external DVD drive, or DVD or CD Sharing
  • At least 1 GB of RAM (additional RAM is recommended)
  • A built-in display or a display connected to an Apple-supplied video card supported by your computer
  • At least 5 GB of disk space available, or 7 GB of disk space if you install the developer tools

System requirements for OS X Lion and Mac OS X v10.6 - Apple Support

Apple - iPhone 5s - Technical Specifications

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.S.)

Cheers,

Alex H.

Itunes wont sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.