Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac mini with yosemitie reconfigures hp printer driver making it unavailable when using a windows app under parallel. How do i stop os from uninstalling and replacing my driver?

How can I stop Yosemite from reconfiguring my printer driver and making my shared printer device unaccessible depending on under which OS I last printed?

My configuration is Mac Mini 3Ghz, 16Gb, 1.2Tb storage, running 10.10.1. I run Parallels 10 to get a Virtual Windows 7 environment. My printer is a HP Officejet 6500 709a.

I install using HP driver cd's under both Mac 10.10.1 and MS Win 7. I share the device to print under either environment. When the Mac restarts after 'sleep' or 'restart', the computer driver gets reconfigured to a HP Color LaserJet 2800 PS. Then in either environment (MAC or MS) the print files sent from an app either disappear or print out only after I shut down or restart an environment. If I uninstall the printer and reinstall using the proper driver, Mac seems to change driver back to a Laser printer at first opportunity. If I leave the device configured as a LJ 2800, I lose the attributes I need for photo printing.

Mac mini (Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Parallels. Windows 7 premium. HP OJ

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 8:39 AM

There are no replies.

My mac mini with yosemitie reconfigures hp printer driver making it unavailable when using a windows app under parallel. How do i stop os from uninstalling and replacing my driver?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.