Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Doubles of Photos in iPhoto

Hi,

Every time that I plug my iPhone 5s into my Macbook Pro, to import my pictures into iPhoto it doubles every photo and video. I have a lot of pictures and it is really annoying to delete every double one by one. I have tried so many different things such as shutting off iCloud and changing the settings in iPhoto but nothing seems to work. I have read that a lot of other people have had the same issue but I can't seem to find a solution that actually works.

Thank you

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 9:03 AM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2015 9:52 AM in response to libbeyjean

is your macbook pro on Yosemite?

The way I understand the IOS 8/Yosemite ICLOUD is each device you have will be synchronized through the cloud - so the pictures you are trying to load from your IPHONE should have gone up to the ICLOUD and then down to the MAC -- don't know if you have to have IPHOTO open for completion - but it may be that in trying to import the old fashioned way is creating the duplicate.

If you have to have IPHOTO open for synchronization to complete - you may want to just try opening IPHOTO and then see if the new pictures show up on their own.

Doubles of Photos in iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.