Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime and iMessage login/verification loop

My iPod Touch (4th gen) was logged out of facetime and imessage one morning. I tried logging back in using my apple ID and password and it took me to a page which asked for the email address and said "verifying"... then it takes me back to the login page and not logging me in. This is an endless loop. Help!?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 9:13 AM

32 replies

Feb 27, 2015 9:44 AM in response to lllaass

Oops. No. Thought that was apple just highlighting it.

It doesn't help though. I don't receive an error message. It's almost as though it's accepted my ID, password and verification but just takes me back to the login screen instead of my messages. That's why it's a loop. I log in (again), and I get asked if the email address provided is the one I want to use. I say 'accept', and it takes me back to log in screen...

Feb 27, 2015 10:07 AM in response to london_cal_93

- Power off and then back on your router

- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. All your wifi and bluetooth preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected. You will have to rejoin wifi networks and repair BT devices

- Try when connected to another network

Facetime and iMessage login/verification loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.