Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Retina 2012 sudden reboots

I have a little problem with my MacBook now (Retina Mid 2012 15"). It sometimes, completely randomly, reboots, that is it stops responding, while looping the audio of about last second and then reboots. It runs on the latest version of OS X Yosemite.

The weird thing is it does not display anything like "Your computer had to restart because of a problem" and the logs do not contain a single clue of what could have caused this problem. It also does not contain any panic logs or anything. Previously it would only happen once a week, now it happen two days in a row. I tried resetting the SMC and the PRAM, but it still continues crashing.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 10:30 AM

5 replies

Feb 27, 2015 11:28 AM in response to Andrew.48

SMART is no usually reported for SSDs, and especially for the PCIe SSDs in the Retina MBPs, so that information isn't useful. In any event you should not incur random panics or crashes unless there is a hardware problem associated with it. Faulty memory is a common cause, but those faults may never appear in the AHT results.

Feb 27, 2015 12:08 PM in response to Andrew.48

Hello....

a couple hours ago Ive read an article, which was written,that the Macbook Pro Retina from mid 2012 till end of 2014 have a hardware problem concerning ur behavior of ur macbook. Sudden reboots,stop to responding, unable to play videos correctly and symptoms of seeing of blurry pics. Resolution of these problems require to contact apple at the applestore and make an arrangement with them to repair that hardware problem. Of course as a gesture of good will from apple. Im using a macbook pro retina mid 2012 have not these symptoms but at my next stop near an applestore i gonna check the macbook just in case.

Think that is exactly what happened to u and apple gonna fix this.

regard

geronimo

MacBook Pro Retina 2012 sudden reboots

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.