Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to burn an iMovie project to a DVD

I have created a movie using iMovie version 10.0 6. I have iDVD version 7.1.2. The only "sharing" in this version of iMovie are Theater, Email, iTunes, You Tube, Facebook, Vimeo, CNN Rept, File and Image. There is no export button, no media browser and no iDVD. How can I get the movie project out of iMovie and into iDVD so I can burn it to a DVD?

iMovie '11, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), iDVD 7.1.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 12:01 PM

4 replies

Mar 2, 2015 3:02 PM in response to gradyla

iMovie 10 is not very good for making DVDs. My favorite is iMovie HD 06, or iMovie 11. With iMovie HD 06, 1 click and you are sharing with iDVD. Moreover, one click will allow you to create chapter markers that are automatically recognized by iDVD. Apple removed the ability to create chapter markers in iMovie 10. IMovie HD 06 is readily available on Amazon as part of iLife 06. It does cost more, but worth every penny.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iLife-Mac-DVD-VERSION/dp/B0007LW22G/ref=sr_1_1?s=sof tware&ie=UTF8&qid=1425336470&sr=1-1&keywords=ilife+06

Share ➙ iDVD method works with older, (better) iMovie versions.

In iMovie 10: You want to use the Share ➙ Media Browser method and then access the movie in iDVD via the Media Browser. But you will not be able to create chapter markers.

Mar 3, 2015 11:32 AM in response to Ziatron

I'm having the same problem as the original poster. I have a MacBook Pro, Yosemite and iMovie 10.0.6 and I cannot get it to a dvd. All I am trying to do is burn a family video to dvd for my husband's birthday, this isn't a major project but it is important to me. I have spent countless hours dealing with difficulties with iMovie. The only sharing options I have are the exact ones mentioned by the original poster. I don't have a Share - Media Browser option. I've shared to Theater and re-booted. I don't know what else to do and am very frustrated at the fact that I paid for iMovie 10.0.6 and that I've spent so much time and it doesn't work. Are there any other suggestions at all to get my movie to a dvd or flash drive from iMovie 10.0.0 before I buy a brand new laptop of a different brand and start over?

How to burn an iMovie project to a DVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.