Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Default bpm

Tracks I import to garageband seem to be set at a default of 120bpm. Although I can change the tempo, I wish garageband to analyse the tempo of the track, i.e. override the default. I want to see the real bpm of the track at the beginning of the project. How to do this please?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 3:25 PM

MyrtleV wrote:

How to do this please?

since GB does not offer this feature, you'll need to count the beats yourself, set the tempo in GB to that, and then import the music

4 replies

Feb 28, 2015 10:26 AM in response to HangTime

Thank you so much for that!

I have one more question I hope you can help me with: when I watch tutorials on youtube, I seem to have different functionalities. When I select track editor, I have 2 options, track and region. Track contains pitch correction and enable flex; region contains the region name.

When I watch tutorials however, their editor shows Audio region with pitch (with follow tempo and pitch), automatic tuning and quantise.

Am I using a different version, or missing something? Do different options come up for different types of tracks?

Thanks again!

Feb 28, 2015 4:10 PM in response to MyrtleV

Which GarageBand version are you using?

The GarageBand 10 help is here: http://help.apple.com/garageband/mac/10.0/

And the older GarageBand '11 Help with the tutorials is here:

http://help.apple.com/garageband/index.html#button-0

The GarageBand '11 documentation (for GarageBand 6.0.5) does not work very well with the newest GarageBand.

What does the icon of your GarageBAnd version look like? GarageBAnd 10.0.3 looks like this:

User uploaded file

And the older GarageBand 6.0.5 like this:

User uploaded file

Default bpm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.