Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Joiner recommendation

I need to join 2 or more cd's but cannot do so within iTunes. Can someone please recommend a good quality program to do this? I am wary of all the ones offered on line, as they include a lot of unnecesary stuff, not to mention trojans, etc. Many thanks for all help.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 8:58 AM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2015 10:35 AM in response to iMatchisgreat

What type of content do the CDs have? If they are audiobooks, you might want to look at Chapter and Verse, a free utility that allows you to join multiple mp3 or m4a files (which could be imported from multiple CDs) and merge the results as a standard iTunes audiobook (.m4b).

If you want to take music from several CDs and create one long track then something like Audacitywould work ... though I'm sure why this would be a useful thing to do!

Of course, if you simply want to import two or more CDs into iTunes and have the results recognized as one album, that is supported - when you import, just make sure that each disc has identical values for Album Artist (or Artist if Album Artist is blank) and Album, and that disc numbers are set to 1 of n, 2 of n, etc. You can also join tracks from one CD during iTunes' import process - as long as the tracks are sorted in ascending track order and either all tracks or a series of consecutive tracks is selected, the Join Tracks option will be available in the Options dropdown.

Joiner recommendation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.