Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

issue when installing OS X yosemite

I followed the instruction of "OS X" Recovery, (1) erased my start up disk (2) Reinstalling Mac OS X Yosemite, about 18 or 20 minutes remaining, it went back to 2 hours 57 minutes but not moving any more. I let it run whole night but it was still at 2 hours 57 minutes. so I cancelled it.

I tried again today, erased my start up disk and reinstalled again, same situation happened again, when the remaining time said around 20 minutes, it went back to 2 hours 56 minutes and stuck there. I cancelled it again.

I read some other instructions in this community and did a hard shutdown and restarted while hold down the command key + R key. it took me to the disk manager screen and the only choice I had was to install the OS X Lion version.

So I tried to install the OS X Lion, it said that will take 3 hours or so, after 20 minutes, a screen came up and said I need to turn off the computer by press the power button down then turn the computer on again. and I did.

Now the screen has a question mark keep flashing... what should I do?

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 9:08 AM

There are no replies.

issue when installing OS X yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.