Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone stuck in recovery mode with no backups

HALP

I was trying to update my iphone to the newest version just yesterday (27/2/2015) and my phone is stuck in recovery mode.

I've yet to make any backups yet so I can't simply restore it to get it out of the recovery mode.

Is there any ways I can get outta of it without losing my data? Like can I drain out the battery or something?

I tried hard reset, tinyumbrella, Fonepaw, but it doesn't seems to do the job.

All it does is restart my phone and it gets back to the " connect to itunes" screen.

There wasn't any pop-up asking if I would like to backup my data too when I click on the restore button on itunes, thus i cancel it.

iPhone 5

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 9:41 AM

I'm afraid at that point it's too late for the backup, sorry. Restoring the phone and setting it up as new device is your only option, if even those little programs did not get your phone out of recovery mode.

7 replies

Feb 27, 2015 4:06 PM in response to Aly.Mic

Aly.Mic wrote:

HALP

I was trying to update my iphone to the newest version just yesterday (27/2/2015) and my phone is stuck in recovery mode.

I've yet to make any backups yet so I can't simply restore it to get it out of the recovery mode.

Is there any ways I can get outta of it without losing my data? Like can I drain out the battery or something?

I tried hard reset, tinyumbrella, Fonepaw, but it doesn't seems to do the job.

All it does is restart my phone and it gets back to the " connect to itunes" screen.

There wasn't any pop-up asking if I would like to backup my data too when I click on the restore button on itunes, thus i cancel it.

Update : Connected to itunes and an update button was available. Click it but after a few moments it says "an unknown error occurred:4005"

Phone stuck in recovery mode with no backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.