Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adtech Malware windows in Safari that won't close HELP!

I always have used Firefox. Recently I decided to use Safari as since I updated to Yosemite on my Imac and it's been slow since, it's a (Mid 2011 4gb Ram 2.7ghz I5 500 in Memory but only 1/3 used). I also use Pro Tools 11. Yosemite has caused some new issues with that running too. More CPU errors. I likely have to buy some RAM.

Having said that I've never had anything like this happen in Firefox. Currently Safari is frozen with this Adtech malware ad asking to call a 1800 #. If you hit OK it goes to more and more windows trying to get you to call this # but you can't operate any other part of Safari. You can only Quit.

Firefox runs just fine. I've deleted the Cache and all cookies but I'm in Fire fox. I want this Adtech thing gone. How do I get rid of that When I open Safari???

Thanks

iMac, This is on Yosemite!

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 9:52 AM

Choose Force Quit from the Apple menu, close Safari, and then launch it with the Shift key held down. If that doesn't work, temporarily disconnect the computer from the Internet.

(123216)

5 replies

Adtech Malware windows in Safari that won't close HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.