Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My trash won't 'empty securely' as much as i try to delete the trash, also some items are locked and wont unlock. HELP !

My trash won't 'empty securely' as much as i try to delete the trash, also some items are locked and wont unlock. HELP !

MacBook Air, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 10:55 AM

2 replies

Feb 27, 2015 12:25 PM in response to Laniquaa

Hi. What have you in the trash that is locked? Do you get item in use when trying to empty trash.If you are positive that it is not an apple systems app. You can take it out of the trash to desktop click on the lock and inter your password then put it in trash and empty it.If it is a running app you will have to quit or force quit the app. Or restart and try again. If it is an item that is part of a startup or login you may have to stop that to delete it. http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201583

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.