Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Model MB470xx/A 15"

- How much $ and time to replace the HDD on this laptop if done at the Apple Store?

The disk utility repair tells me to reformat this disk due to unrepairable issues.

I assume it is in need of replacement, not just reformat, as it is 5 years old.

I-Mac, Mac OS X (10.6.1), MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 12:34 PM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2015 1:15 PM in response to rbarrette

Hi. If you have the original install disks that came with it,you could most likely do it yourself. You do not say if you wish to save the file on the failing drive. Or if it is still bootable. The cost from apple could vary depending on the type and size of drive you want and if they would install an operating system for you.Here is a look at whats involved in a do it yourself on a standard 2008 MBP.https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Pro+15-Inch+Unibody+Late+2008+and+Early+200 9+Hard+Drive+Replaceme

Macbook Pro Model MB470xx/A 15"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.