Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moving icons to evasive folders

it happens surprisingly often that I want to move an icon on my iPhone from one home screen to a folder occupying the lower right corner spot of another home screen. the problem is that when you drag an icon to a home screen that's already full, the icon in the lower right flees the scene – it runs away to the next home screen on the (often erroneous) assumption that it has to make room for you to drop the icon you're dragging. then, if you think, "okay the folder just moved to the next home screen so I'll drag my icon to the next home screen and drop it into the folder there," you have to think again, because the folder will run away from you there too, fleeing back to the home screen whence it originally came. so if that lower-right-most icon is the folder that you want to drag your icon into, no matter where you drag the icon to, your intended destination disappears.

is there a workaround for this that doesn't involve having to rearrange things and otherwise make preparations before dragging an icon?

thanks...

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3, 128 GB

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 3:01 PM

Try making sure your dragging the icon into the folder from the right side. You could either move it to the next screen first then come back or just sort of loop around the folder so that you're approaching from the other side.

I don't really have this problem. I think it's a matter of practice more than anything else.

Best of luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2015 3:01 PM in response to nikkormac

Try making sure your dragging the icon into the folder from the right side. You could either move it to the next screen first then come back or just sort of loop around the folder so that you're approaching from the other side.

I don't really have this problem. I think it's a matter of practice more than anything else.

Best of luck.

moving icons to evasive folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.