Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mid 2010 15" MacBook Pro CRASHED/Kernel Panics

My Mid 2010 MacBook was kind of iffy when I first bought it. I took it to the Modernica store in Puerto Rico and I was told that the laptop was fine. Now.. the laptop won't even turn on and I am no longer covered by the warranty. I had to pay $80 just to have it diagnosed and I was told that I needed a motherboard replacement which could run in the range of $1600 to $2000. Really?! The reason I bought a Mac was to not deal with "PC incidents" like bugs and crashes. I used my Mac for nearly a year with fan add-ons and graphics card switches due to the constant kernel panics and restart requests. But the last time, it just overheated and died. Now it wont even turn on. C'mon Apple!! the only reason I bought this machine was because my 2009 model was stolen-- what a great machine that was!! Now I shelled out another $2,200 and I just feel ripped off. Way too apprehensive to buy another comp from Mac... PLEASE HELP.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), Lion OSX

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 2:19 PM

There are no replies.

Mid 2010 15" MacBook Pro CRASHED/Kernel Panics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.