Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes syas I can't use Homeshare because bonjour service is disabled, but Windows Firewall shows bonjour service enabled. what do i do?

I have successfully used iTunes Homeshare before between my desktop and laptop but lately it won't work. Both computers in iTunes say bonjour services are disabled, but in control panel/windows Firewall/Advanced/incoming rules show bonjour services enabled (this appears twice on desktop, four times on laptop). I don't know how to enable bonjour if it is disabled, or how to persuade iTunes it is enabled if it is!

Packard Bell desktop, Samsung lapto-OTHER, Windows 7, iTunes 12.1.1.4

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 10:55 AM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2015 11:18 AM in response to NealAA

It may be enabled in the Firewall - but is the service started ?

1. Open the start menu and type run into the search bar. Press enter or click on ‘run’.
  2. When the ‘Run’ dialogue has opened, in the search field type ‘services.msc’.
  3. This will open a window named services. Scroll down till you see ‘Bonjour Service’.
  4. In the description on the left, you will see a link called ‘Start the service’.

iTunes syas I can't use Homeshare because bonjour service is disabled, but Windows Firewall shows bonjour service enabled. what do i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.