Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to backup iPhone to PC

Win8.1 PC & iPhone 5S.

iTunes & iPhone SW are up-to-date.

I've no interest in using the Cloud & want to backup my iPhone to my PC via iTunes.

I have the "This Computer" box checked under Backups in iTunes & iTunes recognizes my iPhone.

Music Playlists synch from iTunes-on-the-PC to the iPhone just fine when I synch (just purchased some songs, downloaded them to a playlist on the PC/iTunes then synched that list to the iPhone.

Every time I synch I get the "backup failed" msg from iTunes with no explanation.

When I try to manually backup the iPhone to the PC via iTunes, after a couple of minutes I get the error msg: "iTunes could not back up the iPhone [name of my phone] because the backup session failed." Duh - highly information, eh?

All iTunes Diagnostic test passed. The only odd thing I notice is the statement: "Current user is not an administrator" which makes no sense to me in that I'm the only user of this PC.

For years I've done this until the iCloud came to be last year Ever since, I've not been able to backup to my PC.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3, HP Touchsmart Notebook Win8.1

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 12:38 PM

1 reply

Feb 28, 2015 2:59 PM in response to WillyC33

Hey there WillyC33,

I see that you are unable to backup your iPhone to your computer. Here is an article for you that can help you troubleshoot this issue and resolve it:

If you can't back up or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203271

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

Unable to backup iPhone to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.