Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The metal chasing from the tip of the original charger broke into the iPad. What should I do?

The metal chasing from the tip of the charger (it is the official Apple one) slipped off when I unplugged my charger since it weren't working properly. I haven't applied heavy force to it, I didn't even notice that it is missing, just when I further examined the connector. I tried to remove it by using a needle but it is pegged, it clicked into the side of the inside of the connector.

Is there any way to solve this which doesn't involve replacing the connector with a new one? In that case, does the warranty cover it since it was caused by another Apple product?

Sicerely,

an iPad user.

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.3, 1,5 years old device

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 11:57 AM

Great! With two needles I finally managed to pick it out. For anyone having the same issue: keep trying! 😉

1 reply

The metal chasing from the tip of the original charger broke into the iPad. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.