Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green screen video in Imovie?

I'm trying to use a green screen in Imovie but it won't let me remove the green in the video but if I insert a picture of the sky it will replace the blue in that am i doing something wrong with the video?

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 2009

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2015 3:03 PM

Hi gilmorerw,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're using the green/blue screen effect in iMovie, but the green is not being removed.

To set up the green screen effect, be sure to follow the steps in the article below for your version of iMovie:

iMovie '11: Use a green-screen or blue-screen effect to superimpose video

iMovie (2013): Use a green-screen or blue-screen effect to superimpose one clip over another

For example, in the latest version of iMovie (2013), it's important that the playhead (that shows which clip is being played) is on top of your green screen footage when you click the "Green/Blue Screen" button.

Sincerely,

Jeremy

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2015 3:03 PM in response to gilmorerw

Hi gilmorerw,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're using the green/blue screen effect in iMovie, but the green is not being removed.

To set up the green screen effect, be sure to follow the steps in the article below for your version of iMovie:

iMovie '11: Use a green-screen or blue-screen effect to superimpose video

iMovie (2013): Use a green-screen or blue-screen effect to superimpose one clip over another

For example, in the latest version of iMovie (2013), it's important that the playhead (that shows which clip is being played) is on top of your green screen footage when you click the "Green/Blue Screen" button.

Sincerely,

Jeremy

Green screen video in Imovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.