Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please, how to get mts files into iMovie

My videos somehow ended up in Dropbox with an mts extension.

How do I get them into iMovie?

I am using:

iMac with OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

imovie 10.0.6

iMovie 10, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 1:29 PM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2015 5:25 PM in response to Maryann108

Maryann

The question is, how did you get "BluRay" clips saved to DropBox? What device created? What storage medium of source file?

DropBox does not change anything at all - ever. It is just a Sky Drive that appears seamlessly in the Finder, with some modification tracking App going on.

- - -

.m2ts

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from MTS (file format))

Filename extension
.m2ts, .MTS
Internet media type
video/MP2T[1]
Developed by Blu-ray Disc Association
Type of format Media container
Container for Audio, video, data
Contained by Blu-ray Disc, AVCHD
Extended from MPEG-2 transport stream (ISO/IEC 13818-1)
Open format? No

M2TS is a filename extension used for the Blu-ray Disc Audio-Video (BDAV) MPEG-2 Transport Stream (M2TS)containerfile format. It is used for multiplexing audio, video and other streams. It is based on the MPEG-2 transport stream container.[2][3][4][5] This container format is commonly used for high definition video on Blu-ray Disc and AVCHD.[6]

---

QuickTime does not read/play MTS files. As a matter of fact, it appears that only a Apps do.

I am asking that this be moved to Yosemite / iMovie - or wherever the Hosts may see fit.

ÇÇÇ

Please, how to get mts files into iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.