Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

7th generation iPod nano flashes apple logo with a white screen and won't play. What is wrong with it?

I have a 7th Generation iPod Nano that started flashing the Apple logo with a white background. I have tried Diagnostics, restoring the iPod and even resetting it. At one point it was in a Restore Loop. I'm thinking maybe it has a virus but reading further says that I may be missing one of the drivers. Is there any way to fix it without taking into a tech?? Please help...miss my music!!😢

iPod nano, 7th Generation

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 1:32 PM

3 replies

Feb 28, 2015 4:20 PM in response to jkjuarez2012

Hi jkjuarez2012,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your iPod nano is only showing the Apple logo with a white background, and you've tried many good steps including resetting and restoring the device. I know I'd miss my music in this situation.

Make sure that you followed the steps in this article when restoring your iPod:

Restoring iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If the issue continues after restoring, your iPod nano may need to be serviced. You can use this link to find out more about iPod service:

If the issue is still not resolved, please read this information on servicing your iPod.

iPod nano (7th generation): Hardware troubleshooting - Apple Support

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Jul 15, 2015 6:40 AM in response to jkjuarez2012

I have a similar problem. I recently started trying to use the Fitness app on my iPod 7 when I run. After I run for approximately 35 minutes, the sound stops and a white Apple logo appears in the middle of the screen. I can start another workout immediately but cannot complete the current workout because no data about this workout appears anywhere on my iPod.

Troubleshooting steps I have taken:

• My computer was off, so I turned it on. I plugged my iPod into my computer.
  • I went to iTunes and found I have the latest version of iTunes.
  • I went to File > Devices > Transfer Purchases (I did this even though I purchase everything from my computer and Sync it to my iPod.)
  • When I went to File > Devices > Backup was grayed out so I couldn’t select it.
  • I ejected my iPod, turned it off and restarted my computer.
  • I went to File > Devices > and Backup was still grayed out so I couldn’t select it.
  • In File > Devices > Restore from Backup was also grayed out so I couldn’t select it.
  • I reset the iPod by pressing the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons until the Apple logo appeared.

Are there any ideas about what else I can do?

7th generation iPod nano flashes apple logo with a white screen and won't play. What is wrong with it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.