Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

enable LTE

I bough a new I phone 6 plus and can't find enable LTE only 4G , can somebody advice me why?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 12:45 PM

12 replies

Feb 28, 2015 4:25 AM in response to wegras

Dear all,

thanks for your participation.My i phone is 6 plus and A1524.

i Changed just now the SIM card from the network provider but still the LTE not appeared. What confused me that in 6 plus some devices shown in the celluer data " enable LTE" at the retail shops and others like mine shown "enable 4 G" and both with updated software 8.1.3, what is the reason behind that?

Feb 28, 2015 6:32 AM in response to wegras

You have it reversed, T-Mobile USA and then AT&T display "4G" when actually on HSPA+ and the standards group caved and called this 4G. LTE (Long Term Evolution) is a means that most every carrier is using for the latest iteration of "4G" (although some diehards from the start claimed the first iteration of LTE didn't qualify as 4G). LTE has nothing to do with AT&T.

I know in Brazil they display LTE when connected to that network, same in Canada in Mexico. There are also many threads here about LTE, and displaying it, in Africa, the mideast, etc. I know when my cousin's wife was recently in Belgium her phone, and her brother's, both displayed LTE and many from India have posted here that they are "stuck" on LTE and can no longer downshift to 3G or 2G.

Is it possible that your carrier, or just the UK, is using the 4G display?

enable LTE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.