Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update to "VLC For IOS" told it is no longer available.

This evening 27th Feb, App store notified VLC needs updating....when "Update All" tapped, I'm told that this update is nolonger available!

The update advice only appeared today, 27th but is dated 12th Feb!!!

What is going on?

Do I have to live with this "unrequited update" for ever?

Does it represent a security risk?

Should I dump VLC? 😕

Windows Vista

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 3:46 PM

4 replies

Feb 27, 2015 4:01 PM in response to SydSnott

All you can do is continue with the app you have installed. Check the store again in a few days, look at the developer name in the store & see if they have any support or details on their site.

We are just other users here so we don't know if Apple removed the update or whether the developer removed it. Sometimes last minute bugs are found & an app is reverted or removed.

update to "VLC For IOS" told it is no longer available.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.